Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Work in Progress

As per my previous post, I am starting my Darkness series and this is done on a 36 by 24 inch pastel board. 
Sketching it out

1. Starting the piece by sketching the main picture out and getting the background done. 

Filling in the background

2. I'm using soft pastels for the background as it spreads easily on the board and would be easier to blend.

Filling in the butterfly and the spider

3. Once the background is done, I focus on refining the sketch to give it more details.
 
Got the general color in
4.  Once the sketch is done, I get the general color in and I keep working on adding layers of colors to the piece.


So this is still work in progress but I am getting excited about the final result. Still a lot more work as I need to work on the spider web, the layers of colors and the lighting of the piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment